Background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Crunch Time

There are exactly 47 days until our wedding! That's less than 7 weeks! I have way too much stuff to do in less than 7 weeks! This last month, though, has been busy with everything else besides wedding planning. 

I finally am completely finished with taking my MCAT. The first time I took it was two years ago, but I definitely was not ready before I took it then. This time, though, I took a prep course and studied for almost 6 months before the test. I still didn't get as many quizzes or practice exams done that I wanted to, but, given everything else going on in my life this year, I think I gave it a valiant effort. I took the MCAT for the second time last Saturday, July 14th. I completed all the sections and felt pretty good about the content. Of course there were a couple passages that I had to guess more than I wanted, but overall I felt really good about it! I won't get my scores for the test until the middle of August, though, so it's a waiting game at this point.

I also have been busy preparing my medical school applications (darn you personal statement!!!) and applying for a position on Heidi Swapp's media team! I saw the post on her blog toward the end of June for the media team call, but I was not able to start organizing my application or projects until after my MCAT was completely over this past week. So I spent the week frantically answering the application questions and taking pictures of projects. I only made two new projects this week for the application, and they were a lot of fun to do. I was not completely satisfied with my memory file concept because I didn't have time to present a more finished version, but at least I can say I tried my best given the time frame! I will post pictures of the clipboard project and memory file concept for you to enjoy! I will find out who made the media team at the beginning of August on Heidi Swapp's blog!

Decorative Clipboard Project
 
Close up of Butterfly and Border
Front of Memory File Concept
Inside Cover of Memory File
Close up of pages and embellishments in Memory File Concept

I have been in WI since last week Tuesday for my bridal shower and bachelorette activities this past weekend! It was amazing! My family did an awesome job planning it all out and making it very special! I definitely was spoiled by everyone! I just can't believe it's already time to be attending my showers! Where has the summer gone? Shouldn't it still be May? Thank you again, Jenica and Kim! You ladies did a superb job! I still need to get the recipes for the desserts, though:  E.L. Fudge Cookie Torte and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough dip for graham crackers! Amazing!

I wish I could stay and hang out with the family a few extra days, but reality calls me back to MN this week! Plus I have a lot to do and catch up on from the last few months of being on hold for my test! I also want to try and post some of the other projects I have been working on the last few months for everyone to peruse! I'll have to wait and see how much time I have this week to get some of those up, though! I hope everyone is having a great start to their week! Until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment