Background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Project Post Fail

   So my challenge to myself was an epic fail this last week! haha I really wanted to post projects that I have completed as of lately, but every time I thought of it I was in the middle of something else or traveling. Oh well...maybe I can start THIS week with the challenge! Plus, it was my birthday week, so I had some relaxing and celebrating to do! It was a good week overall, though, and it really feels and looks like fall everywhere I turn! I love Autumn! It definitely is my favorite time of year, and inspires me to start getting crafty for the upcoming holiday season!

    With all that said, tonight is going to start my "posting challenge" with a fun project I made last year at Christmas time for my mother-in-law. I got the original idea from Paper Source, and tweaked it to make it my own!

This is the front of the finished accordion style brag book! I used rub-on alphas from various companies, and a stamp set with coordinating die cuts from the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge as embellishments (*I will have to look up the exact stamp set when I get home*). In order for the ribbon loop from the back to hook to the front, I used a pop dot to raise the button on the front.
An inside view of the book! I used 4x6 envelopes in various colors and adhered the envelope flap of one to the back of the previous one. I then added alphas in different fonts and colors and die cuts to dress up each inside "pocket".

This is the back view of the unfolded book. I cut down various mat papers to cover each panel. I then adhered a ribbon loop to the second-to-last "page" to make a fastener. The way I folded it was to fold the last flap in then accordion the rest of the flaps allowing the ribbon flap to stay as the back of the book!

    The purpose of this brag book was so grandma could carry pictures of each grandkid in her purse and pull them out individually without rummaging through a whole stack to find that one "great pose". The last envelope pocket I labeled "Family" for any group pictures she wants to carry around.

   I love this project and the fun papers I used! There are so many ways this can be customized! I even considered making one to keep in my purse so I would have pockets for coupons, receipts, shopping lists, etc. It would be much easier than trying to rummage through my wallet or the sections of my purse! Plus you could add as many or as few envelopes as you need! I happened to use 5 because of the number of kids!

   Hopefully this inspires you to create something simple and fun out of supplies you probably already have! Plus this was a great project to help use up some of those extra scraps of paper that tend to pile up through my craft room! Stay tuned tomorrow for another fun and simple home decor idea! Until next time: 

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment