Background

Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Run Around and New Consultant Kit!

   I am sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted to the blog! I have been running non-stop since the week of Thanksgiving, and barely have had time to stop and think! I am so behind for Christmas, too! My family Christmas is this weekend and my decorations are only 1/2 up, I still have a majority of my family to shop for, and I haven't even started organizing and making my Christmas card list! There's still time, right?

   I also never had a chance to post the project pictures from December's Workshop Wednesday: Stamp Camp! The three techniques we worked on that day were heat embossing, Rock-n-Roll stamping, and stamp clustering (which we have used in other workshops previously). Here are the examples of the techniques in action:
This card was done using the heat embossing technique in metallic gold/silver mix (to create an Antiqued Gold look). Then I sponged Twilight Blue across the card to mimic snow flurries.
This card was also done using heat embossing using both gold and silver powders. However, I used Versamark on black cardstock for this card to give it a bigger contrast with the metallic colors! The stamp set used for this card was "Magical Days" from the "Holidays from the Heart" gift guide!
This card was also an example of heat embossing using similar techniques as the above card. However, on this card I chose to repeat a border pattern to make my own background paper. Then I sprinkled the gold and silver embossing powders in graduating patterns to blend it across the card. Lastly, I sanded the edges of the black banner and stamped the sentiment in Colonial White pigment ink to give a chalkboard effect. I loved the way it turned out, but decided a little more bling couldn't hurt! So I added Bitty Clear Sparkle Gems in the centers of a few of the snowflakes for added sparkle!
This card was used as an example of the "rock-n-roll" technique using two different colors! The leaves in the wreath were inked in Autumn Terracotta then "rolled" in Ruby ink along the edges to give a two-toned looked to the image. The paper pieces and background piece are from the Huntington paper pack.
This card was a simple example of stamp clustering using multiple colors! I chose a few of the patterns from the Charming Chevrons stamp set. Then I laid them out to line up my spacing and "picked up" the images I wanted to "group" together in a cluster (in the first case it was the large chevron with the small chevron stamped in Lagoon ink). Then on a separate block I picked up the other "cluster" (the zig zag chevron and the circles chevron stamped in Smokey Plum). Once I stamped my pattern I then filled any gaps in the spacing with the small thin chevron in Buttercup ink! The clustering effect allows you to make your own patterned background or to group stamps together to stamp all at once!
This is my second example (a little more detailed) of stamp clustering! To make this card I first stamped the circle images from the Perfect Fit-Holidays stamp set in Slate ink. Then I place a couple snowflakes on my block and stamped those throughout my card in Twilight ink. It still did not feel finished so I stamped the sentiment in the corner in New England Ivy, and the flurry swirls in Bamboo over the rest of the images! I like how it turned out even though the stamps all came from different stamp sets!
   Again, I'm sorry it took me so long to get those photos up to show you! I definitely am playing post-holidays catch up! I hope you enjoyed perusing these cute cards, though!

   I have other fun and exciting news to share as well! I received the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book this week! This means that anyone on Candid Captures' Catalog Mailing List will be receiving their copy the first couple weeks of January! The Idea Books go live to the public (and online) starting February 1st! I have been perusing the new product lines already, and LOVE the color schemes coming out (teals, yellows, grays, and browns.....oh my!).

   Close to My Heart also released the new Consultant Kit for anyone interested in joining the company and starting their own business as a hobbyist or consultant! Any new consultants that sign up starting January 1st will receive the new Consultant Kit complete with new products from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book, business materials, and exclusive products for only $99! There's over $300 of products and materials in this kit, and it is FABULOUS! I'm jealous because I cannot get this kit, and I love the stamps and Skylark Workshop that comes with it!

New Consultant Kit! Available January 1-June 30th, 2014!
   New Consultants can also gets this kit for FREE by earning their Straight to the Top sales goal in the first 3 months that they are with the company! That's $300 of products for FREE just for sharing your love and passion of paper crafting with your friends and family! It's an amazing deal, and a wonderful way to kick off the new year! If you would like to learn more information about becoming a CTMH consultant, Contact Me and I would love to share my experience with you! If you are ready to sign up and become a consultant, simply click Join My Team on January 1st to get started with this great company!

   I hope you are all as excited as I am to get your hands on the new Idea Book! The new products look so beautiful and trendy! I am already starting to plan workshops and classes involving these fun products! Keep checking back for the 2014 Event Calendars to be posted!

   Lastly, let's not forget there is still time to order from the Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book and the "Holidays from the Heart" Winter Mini-Book! The Holiday Gift Guide will only be available until December 31st, though, so plan your orders accordingly, and Contact Me for any assistance placing your order before the new year! The "Retiring Items" are also going very quickly! You can check for products that will no longer be available in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book on Candid Captures Online Shop. Let me know if you have any questions, or are looking for something in particular!

   I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and I look forward to seeing all of you in the new year! Happy Crafting, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment