Background

Monday, November 18, 2013

Manic Monday!

   I have a lot of of fun things to share with you today! First of all, thank you to Jessica and Heather this last week for hosting a couple of awesome gatherings! Jessica's party was two Sundays ago, and she chose to make fun and festive paper ornaments as her "make-n-take" project! Jess earned a TON of free product at her party! I cannot wait to see what she makes with it all! Here are a couple pictures from that gathering:
Rosette ornaments using the Sparkle & Shine paper pack
All the ladies and their finished projects!
   I had such a great time, ladies! Thank you so much for having me! I look forward to making more trips down there to get our paper crafting on!

   Heather's party was this past Saturday, and she chose to make a super cute holiday card as her "make-n-take" project! Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures during the party. So here is a picture of the project we worked on at the gathering instead:
Holiday card featuring Sparkle & Shine paper, "Trim the Tree" stamp set, and "Perfect Fit-Holidays" stamp set!

   Heather also earned awesome freebies at her gathering and hit all her goals, too! Thank you to all the ladies that attended Heather's party! I always have a ton of fun with you girls, and I cannot wait to plan more fun get-togethers with you all!

   If you would like to book a gathering with Candid Captures, Contact me today to get started earning your free products and planning your girls night out!  

   For those of you that could not join us for the Sparkle & Shine Mini-Album Workshop last week, there is good news! I have a few extra kits still available for purchase and shipping! Here is what the mini-album looks like:
See more pictures on this previous post.
   The album is pre-cut and pre-stamped and comes with assembly instructions for $10. Shipping and Handling is $5.50 for anywhere in the United States (if you live close you may also arrange for pick-up or drop-off)! I also used the Sparkle & Shine Complements set to complete my album. You may purchase your own Sparkle & Shine chipboard embellishments with your kit for only $6.88 (which includes shipping, handling, and tax!). That's a total of $22.38 for this awesome 10 page mini album to be shipped to your door! :) Contact Me today get to yours now!


   Lastly (I told you there was a lot today!), I wanted to share with you the Studio J layouts I completed and ordered last Thursday! I cannot wait to see these beauties in person! They were so much fun to create, and were SUPER reasonable to order and print (about $3.50/page!!!)! If you are unfamiliar with Studio J, you NEED to check it out here. It is a free program to use, and you can play around with current paper collections as well as past collections that you no longer can order! All you need is your CTMH online log-in. If you do not have one yet, you can create one and start playing right away! It's really quick and easy, and you can come back to your projects over-and-over without cluttering up your space (.....umm...like my craft room) or without purchasing a TON of products just to complete one layout spread (....yay crafting hoarders unite!!)!

Here are the 3 layouts I ordered:

I had a preview of this project in an early post, but this is the completed 2-page layout using the digital Sarita paper line and complements! I love how it turned out with all the colors!
This is my cute niece getting a sink bath one of the times I was back home visiting my parents. I used the digital Claire papers and complements to complete this 2-page layout! I plan on adding some bubble stickers I have after I receive the printed version to give it a more kid bath feel!
I am SUPER excited about these "layouts"! See below for more information and how to create your own Christmas photo cards!
   As promised, I want to tell you how to make your very own (and SUPER cheap) Holiday Photo Cards using Studio J! I scrap-lifted this idea from a pin on Pinterest I saw last week from Jen Patrick, a director with CTMH! I was so excited I could not WAIT to start playing with this idea!

   This is how I did it (not sure if this is the easiest way, but it worked for me)! When you log into Studio J, click on Create New Project --> Upload Photos Later --> Create your own custom layout --> Sparkle & Shine digital kit --> Continue. Now you need to select your layout style. I wanted to be able to size and add pictures where I wanted, so I selected the "No Limits" layout pattern --> Continue. The next window will prompt you for a kit mix. It does not matter what you select because you are designing your layout from scratch. So click one and select continue! Now to the designing!

   I added four 4"x8" journaling boxes to each page. I arranged them to get the maximum amount per page with a 4"x4" space open in the upper right corners. I used journaling boxes because you can add papers and writing to these to customize them for what you want! Then I added 3 1/2"x3 1/2" photo areas to each journaling box. If you want it to be perfectly aligned and the same, make one photo card, select the journaling box and photo area together, copy it, and paste it all over your page! You could make them all the same photo card or all different (like mine!). It's completely up to you!

  Last, I embellished my photo cards using the digital Sparkle & Shine complements, titles, and quotes! I love how they turned out, and I cannot wait to use this same idea for party invitations! The options are endless! All you have to do is design it using your favorite products! Now here's the even better part! Each photo card ends up costing around $1.00 each, and is a quality print on quality paper! You cannot beat that price ANYWHERE! I love it!

   If you have any questions on using Studio J, or how to purchase layouts to start your holiday photo cards, Contact Me today and I will help you get started! Also, if you would like me to design your family's holiday photo cards this year using Studio J, Contact Me to arrange pricing and details!

   I hope you felt inspired and excited to see all these fun goodies on the blog today! I cannot wait to work on more projects to share with you! Until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment