Background

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Creative Adventure: Day 1

    Surprise surprise I just got back from a different part of the country again! haha This past weekend I spent some time in Okemos, Michigan where I attended Consultant Camp with my team members from Close to My Heart! I started driving over on Thursday night, spent the night in Michigan City, Indiana, and got up super early Friday to finish driving the rest of the trip! The main event started Friday morning and went through Sunday. I had such a wonderful time meeting new team members, learning from some awesomely talented ladies, and playing with new product!

    Sunday night I drove half-way home, and stopped at my parents' house in Janesville, WI. I spent the night there and had a mini creative session on Monday with my mom! It was a nice break in my road trip, and a fun time finishing up projects!

Stuck in traffic with a beautiful view of the Chicago Skyline

    With all this traveling lately, though, I have not been able to post all my artwork, event photos, and other fun stuff for you all to enjoy! It's just been a whirlwind of a month, and now July is almost over! So I want to take you on a little adventure with me these next couple weeks! Each "Creative Adventure Day" post will feature pictures from this last month's travels, projects, and events! So follow along with me each day as I take you through a glimpse at my creative life!

Day 1: Projects you have been waiting to see


June's featured paper pack: Jubilee Layout #1:
Matching card to Jubilee Layout #1 using the dove-tail triangles from the pennants

Jubilee Layout #2
Matching card to Layout #2 using similar papers, cutouts, and style

Jubilee Layout #3
Matching card to Layout #3 using same banner pattern

Cards for the Convention Swap:

    Some of you have seen and heard me talk about my Convention Swap cards already, but many of you have not seen all of the ones that I did before leaving on my California trip in the middle of June! I signed up for a team card swap where I made 30 cards to swap with 30 girls! Then I brought extra cards to swap with other consultants that were not on my team! In total I made 45 cards for the Convention swap! I also was asked to make "Thank You" cards for my sister's baby shower! So I made 35 cards for her before I left because I was going to be seeing her the week before Convention started!


Masculine colors on a Birthday card. For the background I used CTMH Re-inkers, water,  and a watercolor brush!
Feminine colors on a Birthday card. I used the same re-inker technique on this background.
The baby shower "Thank You" cards I made for my sister using the Babycakes WOTG kit (now retired).
I had leftover Babycakes papers, so I used those to make my extra 15 cards for the Convention Swap. There is less stamping on this card, but I still thought it was cute!


    There you are! That is Day 1 of our Creative Adventure together! I hope you enjoyed looking at all the artwork I was busy creating before Convention! I have so much more to share with you, though, so stay tuned for Creative Adventure: Day 2!

    Tomorrow on the blog I will be posting some end-of-month reminders and updates for you all, and then it's already August! You know what that means???? New month, new promotions, new specials, new workshops!!! Whoo ooo....until next time:


Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment