Background

Friday, January 16, 2015

Creative Time

   This week I finally made some time to get creative! It had been a long time since I worked in my craft room, and I missed it! There are so many projects and things that I have been wanting to do, but the holidays and post-holiday craziness had to come first!

   So today I want to share with you a couple of the projects I have been working on this week! First thing I worked on were the cards that I made for this month's workshop called "ShinHan Coloring Class". We practiced basic coloring techniques, shading and shadowing, and blending! It was a lot of fun, and we were able to get a lot of fun coloring done!

   The first card was made using the "Heartstrings" paper pack and the "Rainy Day" stamp set. I then colored the stamped images with CTMH's ShinHan markers: Pastel Green, Golden Yellow, Peony Purple, Lavender, Clay, Warm Grey (WG4), and Marine Blue.


   I ink distressed the White Daisy cardstock with a Chocolate Distress Ink pad for added texture. I didn't add any embellishments to this card yet, but I'll probably add a little something to "finish" it before I send it to anyone!

   The second card I made using the "Heartstrings" paper pack again only this time I used the "Your Own Kind of Wonderful" stamp set! I stamped the larger butterfly and sentiment in "Black" ink first. Then I stamped the two smaller butterflies in "Gypsy" and "Canary" inks.




   I used ShinHan markers to color in the butterflies and add detail over my sentiment again. This time I used the following colors: Golden Yellow, Marigold, Carmine, Turquoise Blue, Peacock Green, Lavender, and Warm Grey (WG4).

   I added a couple clear sparkle gems and some hand-drawn edges to embellish and finish the card, and ta-dah! Another fun and colorful ShinHan card!

   I wanted to keep these cards simple so that the coloring would stand out more! Have you had a chance to play with the new ShinHan alcohol markers? Well if not, I hope you get a chance this weekend! Thanks for checking out my projects today, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment