Background

Monday, June 26, 2017

Make It Monday!

   I fly out to Salt Lake City tomorrow afternoon for the CTMH Convention! I am SOOO very excited for this! We get to tour the home office this year, I am participating in the Layout Contest, and we get to see the brand new Annual Inspirations Idea Book and all the new products early! Eeeeek! This is my absolute favorite time of year! 

   Before I go, though, I want to close out the month with a bang and show you the last layout using the No Worries Workshop Your Way kit! I really really loved playing with this kit, and have a TON of papers left over still after creating 4 layouts and a few cards! I will definitely be using up all my scraps from this collection and making more artwork soon!

   This layout was inspired by a sketch in the Magic How-to Book (currently on the retiring list...so get a copy for yourself NOW) pages 54-55! 


   I used the Palm tree paper (front and back) and the whitewashed woodgrain paper to create this layout. I then embellished it was die-cuts and stickers from the matching Complements pack. The very thin stripe pieces on both pages is actually part of the negative print leftover on the sticker carrier sheet! I just fussy cut it, cut them down, and used them as banners to complete the look.


   This section of the layout is my favorite, though! The date stamp and this "Relax!" sentiment came from the No Worries-Scrapbooking stamp set in the Seasonal Expressions II Idea Book. I stamped the date stamp using Slate ink, but for the Relax stamp I used a fun blending technique so that it would match some of the other Complements from this collection (see below).

   I used Glacier, Sweet Leaf, and Cashmere inks to create this effect on the stamp with Sponge Daubers! I added the Cashmere first on just the top. Then I added the Glacier along the bottom, and last I blended them using Sweet Leaf in the middle. I love how this turned out, and it matches the stickers pretty good I think! 
   I then added some doodle lines around the stamped area to give it a set apart look from the page, and TA-DA.....done! This layout didn't take long at all to complete, and I love the simple yet elegant look of it!

   I hope you get to try this stamping technique for yourself on your next project! I would love to see how it turns out for you! Enjoy the rest of your week, and I'll be excited to share all the new stuff I learned at Convetion once I'm back! Until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment