Background

Monday, October 10, 2016

Back from hiatus!!

   Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry I've been on hiatus this year. Time flies really fast when you have a little one around, and trying to find my new normal has been a huge part of this year's learning curve!

   I'm loving being a mom, though, but miss posting fun projects for you all! So I'm back to blogging and sharing my fun creations with you, and am hoping that this will help me get more crafty time in each month as well!

   To start back in the blogging world, I want to start a new post series I'm calling "Make It Monday"! On most Mondays, I am hoping to share with you a project that I have made recently, and to give you tips on how you can re-create it for yourself!

   Let's kick this fun series off today by sharing a fun Halloween layout I made using CTMH's new collection, Jeepers Creepers, from the new Holiday Expressions Idea Book.


   I really wanted to scrap the pictures we took from our little guy's 1st Halloween last year. So I got out my new Jeepers Creepers Workshops Your Way Kit and got started! I used only 1 sheet of the main Jeepers Creepers paper (eyes on one side and cute monsters on the other), and the coordinating zip strip for that paper. I then added the Jeepers Creepers washi tapes, a journal card from the PML paper, and some die-cuts to complete the look.

   The title die-cuts came from a few cartridges. I used the font from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge to make the "baby's" die-cut, and the "halloween" die-cut was cut from the new CTMH cartridge Flower Market. These two title pieces were then "colored" with the new CTMH Shimmer Brush to add a little extra shine and glitter to these fun die-cuts.

   For the ghosts, I used the Create-a-Critter 2 cartridge which has a pirate ghost image on it. I then cut the pirate hat off so that I just had these cute ghosts left. I ink distressed the edges in Desert Sand, and added foam tape to pop them off the page. The larger ghost was stamped to complete my title using Black ink and two new CTMH alphabet sets: Marker Alphabet and Bistro Script.

   The mini stars were punched out using an EK Success star border punch and the new CTMH color Tangerine, and the banners on the right side of the layout were made using Slate cardstock and the new CTMH Adventure Fundamentals collection to get the Pansy dots paper. I added a couple mini staples to these to add some more dimension on this side of the layout.

   That's it! It was a simple and quick layout for Halloween, but I love how all the little elements came together. All of my pictures are ~4x6 (I say approx. because they are printed from my Canon Selphy printer and not true 4x6 prints), and I still have a majority of my Jeepers Creepers Workshop kit to play with!

   You can click on any of the links in this post to find the products I used to complete this layout, but if you have any questions or comments, please let me know! I would love to help you re-create this for yourself!

   I hope you have time this week to get crafty yourself! Enjoy your week, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment