Background

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

   Happy Halloween, everyone! We love Halloween at my house, and this year we get to experience trick-or-treating with our little guy for the first time! We know he won't get it and most likely won't care, but we're excited to take him to a few of our neighbors' houses and say hello!

   Since it is Monday and Halloween, I thought I would share a couple quick and easy Halloween projects for you today. I know it might be a little late to make these now, but you can always have them in store for next year (or maybe that last minute card you wanted to make but now need it immediately)!!

   First up is a super cute paper box using CTMH Jeepers Creepers paper from the Holiday Expressions Idea Book. I made this 4x4 box using my WRMK 1-2-3 Punch Board (love this tool), and some adhesive! It was super fast and easy to do! The only difference I made was instead of using the flaps to close the box, I glued them to the sides so you could see the double-sided paper detail. I then cut the "Boo" from the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge in Tangerine cardstock. This project is perfect for holding cards, treats, and other fun little gift items.


   Inside my Boo Box I had 3 Halloween cards I made. These little guys were inspired by projects I had pinned on Pinterest a while back. I don't know who to give credit to, though, since the pins took me to other re-pins or posts.

   These cards are super simple, too, and only require scissors and a couple circle punches! I used a 1 1/2" punch for the eyes and eyelids then added 1" circles as pupils, noses, etc. I even used a 2" circle to make Dracula's hairline! Pretty sneaky, right? These were so much fun to do, and I think kids would love making them, too, on paper bags or as a banner!


   Lastly, I made this super quick and easy Halloween garland for my house. I planned on using it as a countdown, but it was too cute and I wanted to leave it up! I used the new stamp set, "Monster Crossing", and Jeepers Creepers papers, both from the Holiday Expressions Idea Book, to make the rings of this garland. I stamped the images in lines across a 12x12 paper then cut them down to 6" strips and added adhesive and a mini staple to each one to help it hold. Super easy and fast, which is definitely up my alley!


 

   I hope you enjoyed my Halloween projects for you today! Check back later this week to see what else I have in store for you, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment