Background

Monday, October 24, 2016

Make It Monday!

   Happy Monday to you! I hope you are enjoying this new blog series I started this month! I love sharing my projects with you all, and hope that you are feeling inspired to get crafty yourself!

   Today's project is a two page layout using the new Swan Lake Workshops Your Way collection from the Holiday Expressions Idea Book!


   As soon as I started playing with the Swan Lake papers, I knew I wanted to scrap these photos of the hubby and I from 2010!!! Yep...only 6 years ago...no biggie.

   For this layout, I used the main pattern paper (swans on one side and floral background on the other) as accent pieces. Then I used the zip strip from that same paper under my photos, and finally embellished the whole layout using stamped images! That's right....only stamped images on this one! I used the With You stamp set from the Holiday Expressions Idea Book, and the Capture This stamp set from the Annual Inspirations Idea Book. I also used the September stamp-of-the-month, Blessed Beyond Measure, to add a few more Fall touches as well.

   The title was stamped directly on my project using Peacock ink and the new Marker Alphabet stamp set, and I love how it turned out spanning both pages as a centered title!

   Also, the other thing I love about this layout is the fact that I have room for 11 photos on these two pages! Yep I said 11! Can you find them all? Let me give you a hint:


   FLIP FLAPS!!! I love Flip Flaps and really cannot use them enough! I really didn't want to make another layout using my leftover photos from this one out-ing. So I used a 4"x12" Flip Flap (now retired) to add extra pictures to the left side of my layout. Since I cut my pictures down to 4x4 photos on this side, I technically could have 9 photos on this 1 page! Instead of a photo, though, I decided to put some memorabilia in a photo well spot, and, if you look at the pictures, you'll notice the pumpkin stickers are the ones on our shirts from that day at the Pumpkin Patch!

   What do you think? I still need to journal on this layout about our day at the pumpkin patch, but I love how fast this came together with very little product from my Swan Lake kit!

   Let me know if you have any questions about this fun Fall layout, and hopefully you can scrap some Fall pictures for your albums this week, too! Until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment