Background

Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 3: Wrapping Paper Solutions

    Sorry I didn't get a chance to keep up on my posts these last few days, friends. It has been a run-around, crazy mess in the McQuistan household. Ian was working nights this last week, and it has been a really tough week. He barely had any sleep, was called in to work in the middle of the night a few times, had super sick patients, and was helping battle the atrocious Flu season we have entered.

    I have been up a lot more this week, too, with his night calls. So I have been tired and groggy all this week as well (but not quite in the same way that Ian is I'm sure!!).  I also had a dentist appointment and needed to get some packages together so I could mail them out before the weekend. I needed to take some time to pick up and clean our house a little bit (it was starting to look like a tornado in here). So yeah....I put off the blogging and crafting, and worked on family stuff for awhile.

   We also went to Iowa this last weekend to visit friends and family before Christmas and to attend a family party. This week we need to finish up some last minute shopping, wrapping, and other little things before we head to Wisconsin for my family Christmas. So it's definitely crazy busy!

    So today I'm actually showing you Day 3 of our 12 days of a CTMH Christmas. It's funny because I was going to do this whole feature on creating your own wrapping paper and personalized gift bags, and then last week CTMH posted a similar idea on their blog! So I'm going to feature the same thing today!

    I love the look of personalized gift decor! It's so much fun to make and decorate, and it helps me use up my stash! Plus it really doesn't take long to make, and gives me a reason to get crafty!

A fellow consultant had these CTMH Burlap bags on her blog. They were decorated using the Christmas mini stamps, twine, mini clothespins, and the retired Sparkle & Shine fabric set! I love how cute these little bags are!
Decorate some of CTMH's burlap bags with ribbon, a tag, and some embellishments! These bags are perfect in stockings, for teacher gifts, and for those odd shaped small items that you want to stash away on Christmas Day!
Here are a couple examples of paper gift bags I bought from the Dollar Store and decorated with simple Cricut cuts and embellishments! I love how these turned out, and they were so simple to put together!
Fellow consultant, Joy Tracey, made this gorgeous gift bag using Cricut cuts and glitter paper!
Joy Tracey also made this gift bag! See how awesome it looks with just a couple simple cuts? I love these ideas!

    I also love using Christmas scrapbook paper to make envelopes for my Christmas cards. It's a great way to use up my stash, and to personalize my cards just a little bit more! This is how I do it:

1.) I measure my card that I need an envelop for. This one is almost 5"x7". I then use WRMK Envelope Punch Board to figure out how much paper I need and at what size.
2.) According to the Punch Board, I needed a piece of paper 9 1/2" x 9 1/2". I use pattern paper that is printed on one side and white on the other.
3.) I flip the pattern paper over and score the white side of the paper according to the board instructions.
4.) This is what the scored piece looks like notched and scored.
5.) I then round the corners of my scored piece. There is a corner rounder on the punch board, but mine needs some oil and sharpening. So I chose to use my CTMH rounder which allows me to punch through a couple sheets at a time.
6.) I fold the paper along the scored lines with the pattern on the inside of the envelope.
7.) Last, I run a couple lines of permanent adhesive on either side of the inside flaps, and glue my envelope together. Now I have a fun Christmas envelope to match my homemade Christmas cards! It's super easy to do and doesn't take much time at all! I love it!

    The possibilities are endless! Plus it's a great way to get creative during the hustle and bustle this holiday season! Check out more ideas on personalizing gift packaging and how to make some fun Cricut packages on CTMH's blog today! I hope this has inspired you to get crafty this weekend! Until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment