Background

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Tidbit & Last Chance for June Specials

   Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope you're having a great day and enjoying the start to your week! Can you believe it's the last day of June?? I sure can't! I only have a month left of this pregnancy and I can hardly believe it! It's gone way too fast!

   I also can't believe that the 4th of July is this weekend! My house is still slightly under construction and in disarray for the next couple weeks, but I had to get out some festive decorations for my kitchen. Just to add a little pizazz amongst the chaos! 

   Today I want to share with you a quick and easy way to make festive 4th of July decorations this week as a last minute touch for your table arrangements, BBQ decorations, or even just because! I made these table decorations 2 years ago when I had family in town for the 4th! Since then, I have stored them away with my table linens, and get them out every year around this time to jazz up my table once again!


   Here's what you need to make this quick and easy project:

1.) Wooden Skewers
2.) Festive 4th of July paper or stamped paper
3.) Silver or White brads
4.) Washi tape or Liquid Glass
5.)  Foam tape
6.) Artiste Cricut Cartridge

   First, you cut the Accent 1 image from pg 50 of the Artiste handbook at 2 3/4" tall (height). You can cut multiple of these at one time if you are doing one for each place setting. Then cut the same image on pg 50 at 2" tall (height) from your second piece of paper or stamped background. The papers I used were old ones from my stash that I dug out!


   Next, place a brad through the center of the smaller pinwheel (the 2" one). Then add foam tape to the back of it. Adhere this pinwheel to the front of the larger pinwheel.


   Lastly, attach your pinwheels to a wooden skewer. I used thin washi tape to tape my pinwheels to the skewer. However, you could use a dab of Liquid Glass to help hold the skewer in place as well!


   I hope you enjoyed this quick Tuesday Tidbit today! If you have any questions, though, please do not hesitate to shoot me a message or comment! I would love to help you get your holidays decor ready for the weekend!

   Also, don't forget it's the last day of June which means it's the last day to take advantage of all the steals and deals June has to offer! Including the amazing My Crush promotion that gets you a FREE stamp set!


   You can see all the monthly promos under my steals and deals tab at the top of this page, and you can shop my online shop for these specials until midnight tonight! Have a great rest of your week, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!



No comments:

Post a Comment