Background

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday Tidbit: Making Ephemera


   Happy Cinco de Mayo to you all! I hope you are enjoying the start of this beautiful Spring month! The weather has been gorgeous up here in Minnesota, but we could use some rain really soon!

   Anyone get a start on their projects this past weekend to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month? I was traveling back from New Orleans this weekend so I didn't get a chance to play yet, but hopefully later today!

   I have a fun Tuesday Tidbit for you today! Today I want to share with you an easy and effective way to use stickers as embellishments on your layouts. I love all the super cute stickers that are on the market! Especially the sticker complements that CTMH has with each of their paper packs. Unfortunately, though, once you stick one down they are difficult to move, change, or layer afterward!

   I want to share with you something that I do when I want to use up some of my complementing stickers! I turn all my stickers into ephemera to make it easier to position them on my project and make it easier to decide how to use them as embellishments! Here's how I make sticker ephemera:

1.) Gather Supplies: Sticker sheets, baby powder, splat mat, and baby wipes!

All the supplies you need for this quick tip!

2.) Pour a small amount of baby powder on your splat mat, and use your finger to apply the baby powder to the back of your stickers.

It can be messy, but it's so fast and easy to do!

3.) Make sure the back of the sticker is completely covered in baby powder so that the sticker loses its "stick" completely.

4.) Do this to all the stickers in the complements set. Then store them in a baggie or their original packaging until you're ready to use them!

All of these Blossom stickers have baby powder on the back. They still have a little tack to them, but just enough to keep them stored on these sheets until I'm ready to use them!

5.) When you're ready to add the ephemera to your project, layer them and place them where you want them. Then add adhesive (I use the CTMH glue pen) or foam tape to the back of the ephemera piece and adhere!

   I do this to all my complement stickers when I receive them with my paper packs! It makes it much easier to project plan and embellish without the commitment of leaving them super sticky! Plus it doesn't take long, and cleans up super easy, too!

Here's my stack of Wanderful ephemera made after unsticking all the stickers from the sheets! It's all ready for layering and embellishing without the hassle of a permanent stick!

   With really sticky stickers, sometimes they will still have a little "stick" to them even after the baby powder is applied. I put these back on the sticker sheets to keep them in place and prevent them from sticking to each other later. You could also use wax paper to help the ephemera from sticking to each other, too!

    That's it! I hope you enjoyed today's Tuesday Tidbit and found it helpful for embellishing your next project! If you have any questions, please let me know! Otherwise, have a great day, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment