Background

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday Tidbit: Burlap Bags

    Today is officially the first day of fall! I absolutely LOVE fall! It's my favorite time of year for sure! I love the colors, jeans and sweatshirts, all the fun and cute decorations, the cooler temperatures, the amazing foods (hello cider donuts), and of course football games!


    So I think it's only appropriate that today's Tuesday Tidbit is about some cute Fall decorations using CTMH's amazing burlap bags! Burlap is very big right now, and you can find burlap decor everywhere! Plus it's a very fun and natural look that you can use all season long!

    Did you know that CTMH sells a pack of 3 burlap bags for only $4.95?!!? Exciting, right? Burlap can be expensive, but CTMH sells 3 bags in a pack for less than $2 each! Awesome!!!

   I have used these super cute Burlap bags a couple times to make some personalized party and home decor! Some of you might have even attended my workshop last fall using these fun bags! Here's my example from last year's workshop:


    I cut a fun tag from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and used the Happy Autumn stamp set to decorate the front of this cute burlap bag! You could use this as a silverware holder at a gathering, potpourri bag around the house, or just as an accent in your fall decor display! These also make really cute and thoughtful gift bags, too!

    CTMH's burlap bags have a tighter knit to them to make it easier to decorate, but I still used a scrap piece of cardstock tucked inside my bag while assembling my project!

    The best adhesive to use when decorating these cute bags is CTMH's Liquid Glass! If you don't have any Liquid Glass yet, you definitely need to add it to your next order! It's the "liquid duct tape" all all adhesives!

   I have some more creative inspiration for you using these awesome bags:

These were prize bags I had at my cousin's Bridal Shower last month! I have to confess, though, that these are not CTMH burlap bags. I had to use larger bags from a store in order to fit all the prize pieces I had for each bag. However, I wanted to show off what all you COULD do with the CTMH burlap bag! I used Liquid Glass to adhere the lace ribbon around the middle, but you can handstitch it on there as well (I hand-threaded the grey Baker's twine to the bag no problem)! I then used a brad to adhere the vellum flowers to the bag on the bottom corner! It was super easy and came together in less than 30 minutes!
You can also stencil, paint, and/or stamp directly on these bags, too! It's super easy, and really adds a personal touch! This project was done by Michelle Snyder (who has an amazing talent and is one of my creative role models)! To get the "true" color to show up, use pigment-based inks or the new ShinHan Touch Twin markers! You'll love this technique! Make sure and have a scrap piece of paper in between the burlap layers, though, because the ink will bleed underneath!
   
    I hope this has inspired all of you to get creative this week and start making some super cute fall decor! If you have any questions about using these cute Burlap bags, let me know! Otherwise, you can order any of the supplies you need on my online shop at your convenience! Have a great Tuesday, everyone, and until next time:
Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment