Background

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday Tidbit: Stencil It

    I have another Tuesday Tidbit to share with you! Today I wanted to share one of my favorite techniques: stenciling! I have been stenciling for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, I had a book about making your own stencils, and I would sit in our family craft room cutting and designing stencils to use on my projects for 4H! It was so much fun!

    When CTMH came out with the Artbooking Cricut Collection I knew I would need to try stenciling and masking some of the overlay backgrounds from this amazing cartridge! I even played with cutting overlays from acrylic sheets to make a more permanent stencil background! Some of you might remember seeing my hearts stencil at the February Valentine's Day Card Workshop!

    It's hard to try and take a picture of an acrylic stencil, so I thought I would share a video that CTMH made! In this video, Jill makes a mini album using a couple keys from the Artbooking cartridge. However, I want you to pay close attention to the stenciling technique she used to sponge the circles onto her mini album (right around 2:30 in the video)! I think you're going to love this! Check it out:

 
    Isn't that super cute and easy? I love that she used the stencil piece on her project, too! No scraps left behind, people! Notice how she used pigment inks instead of our dye inks, too! This is so that the colors show up "true to shade" on the darker cardstock background! The possibilities are endless with this technique!

    Well I hope you enjoyed this quick Tuesday Tidbit! If you have any questions or would like to order the Artbooking Cricut Collection for yourself, please contact me! I would love to help you start stenciling your projects! Make sure you take some time this week to get creative, and until next time:

Here's to life, love, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment